Monday, October 27, 2014

All the shawls

Today post I want to dedicate to shawls. My favorite type of knits!
I started knitting shawls pretty early in my knitting journey. There and then I've learned how to read patterns, read charts and all kinds of stitches. From shawl to shawl patterns became more interesting and complicated.
My collection of patterns and books is shawls, shawls, shawls and little bit of everything else.
I am making shawls as a presents for my friends and family.
My first real lace shawl


















































Right now I am working on shawl "New Zealand tribute to Orenburg" by Margaret Stove. It is amazing. Im am still on the border part. It is taking its time. I was scared in the beginning of all the grafting, but now I kinda like it. I am getting bored pretty fast and opportunity to knit this shawl in pieces helps ( The hardest part - not to get distracted by other projects and knit it for a year. Which I am. Ok, not a year - 6 months :/ ) Plus since I make it for one of my lovely sisters-in-law who really likes pink it is in Rialto Lace Fuchsia. I have to take a breaks from that vivid pink! But it is coming out pretty lovely in that color.



No comments:

Post a Comment